Social Media Day – 10th March 2021
Use your Irish on social media with the hashtag #LNMS21
With the amount of Irish being used online growing more and more each day, the Seachtain na Gaeilge team decided that we should celebrate this by choosing a specific day during Seachtain na Gaeilge le Energia to celebrate the Irish language online. Irish is one of the 100 most active languages online. You can choose Irish as your language on Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and much more.
Facebook and other international companies have done trojan work in promoting the language and thousands make use of their Irish on social media.
Thursday, 16th March 2017 was our first Social Media Day. We asked people all over the world to use their Irish on this day especially. To take part, you only had to put up a post on any multimedia platform with the hashtag #LNMS17. On 10th March 2021, we will be asking people to use #LNMS21.
The day succeeded very well as an international campaign in 2017. Over 3,000 tweets were shared with the hashtag, #LNMS17, without forgetting the hundreds of posts that were put up on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. The hashtag was the second most trending in Ireland as well. We would like to surpass that in 2021!
This year, in 2021, we have the aim of showcasing the possibilities that exist with Irish to students around the country in a fun way. There will be over 300 primary and secondary school students taking part in online workshops on the day.
Amongst the live workshops, there will be:
- Radio Workshop with Raidió Rí-Rá – The students will have the chance to learn communication and radio skills, as well as having fun through Irish.
- Computer Programming Language ‘Scratch’ Workshop with TechSpace – The students will have the opportunity to have fun and learn about computer programming in Irish.
- Fitness session and talk on social media with Daire Ó Faogáin @Strongsaol – Daire will host a fun fitness session in Irish, and there will be a talk for post-primary pupils on how he used Instagram to promote his own brand.
To register, send an email to email@example.com
LNMS17 event live from Facebook headquarters!
Mar chuid de Lá na Meán Sóisialta, reáchtáladh imeacht i gceannoifigí Facebook i mBaile Átha Cliath do dhaltaí meánscoile – d’fhreastal os cionn 80 dalta meánscoile ó 7 scoileanna fud fad na tíre air. Tógadh ar thuras timpeall na hoifigí iad sular éisteadar le painéal iontach cuimsitheach d’aoíchainteoirí. Is é an t-ábhar a bhí á plé ag an bpaineál ná neart na teanga ar líne sa lá ata inniu ann agus na buntáistí a bhaineann léithi sna gairmeacha proifisiúnta atá acu. Is féidir breathnú ar chraoladh beo den phainéal thuas – caint iontach spreagúil a bhí ann!
- ~ Athraigh do chuntas FB go Gaeilge
- ~ Bí páirteach i ngrúpaí ar FB ar nós Gaeilge Amháin (Grúpa do phobal na Gaeilge timpeall an domhain)
- ~ Cuir postálacha as Gaeilge in airde ar do leathanach féin
- ~ Athraigh do chuntas Twitter go Gaeilge
- ~ Bain úsáid as na haischlibeanna #SnaG17 & #Gaeilge
- ~ Lean cuntais Ghaeilge ar nós CnaGaeilge nó TG4TV
- ~ Bí ag scríobh as Gaeilge ar do ghrianghraif
- ~ Lean cuntais Ghaeilge ar nós Raidió Rí-Rá, Seachtain na Gaeilge nó Conradh na Gaeilge
HOUR OF CODE
Coimeád an litir síos le síneadh fada a aimsiú
Brúigh Alt Gr + an litir le chéile le síneadh fada a fháil