Gaeilge may not always be recognized as a modern, technological language – but she is in the top 100 languages most used online! Gaeilge has made huge progress in the last few years and it’s obvious that there is huge demand for the language online. This is evident in the predictive text, apps and the hundreds of websites which are all available as Gaeilge anois. Tá Seachtain na Gaeilge le Energia ag iarraidh na fíricí seo a cheiliúradh – so to celebrate these facts we’re dedicating a whole day to the language on na meáin shóisialta.
Beidh Lá na Meán Sóisialta ar siúl Déardaoin 16 Márta 2017. You can take part wherever you are in the world! All you have to do is to post on an online platform of your choice agus an hashtag #LNMS17 a chur leis. Chomh simplí le sin!
Ná déanaigí dearmad to use your Gaeilge on social media throughout the rest of the festival as well! Úsáid na hashtags #SnaG17 agus #Gaeilge; we’ll be sharing the best posts from our accounts!
- ~ Change your Facebook language settings to Gaeilge
Bí páirteach in an irish language group on Facebook such as Gaeilge Amháin (Grúpa for the Gaeilgeóirí around the world)
- ~ Post statuses and updates as Gaeilge
- ~ Change your Twitter language settings to Gaeilge
- ~ Use the hashtags #SnaG17 & #Gaeilge
- ~ Use the hashtag #LNMS17 ar Lá na Meán Sóisialta ar 16 Márta 2017
- ~ Follow accounts such as CnaGailge nó TG4TV
- ~ Put filters as Gaeilge on your snaps
- ~ Take pictures during a SnaG event and post them using the hashtag #SnaG17
- ~ Follow an account such as Raidió Rí-Rá, Seachtain na Gaeilge nó Conradh na Gaeilge
Hold the vowel down until options for a fada pop up
Press Alt Gr & the letter together chun fada a fháil